Friday, May 24, 2013

Thirty!!

Today is my 30th birthday.  While I usually don't get worked up about aging, I realized a couple weeks ago, that I am only half way to 60, which is when I hope to retire.  It made me realize that's a lot of time left to work, and that I'm not really that old.  For my 30th birthday, I thought I'd some things about my birthday!

Ronald Reagan was President of the United States
George Bush was Vice President of the United States

Minimum Wage was $3.35/hour

Gallon of milk cost about $1.89

Dozen egg cost about $1.43

First Class Stamp was $0.20

Gallon of gas cost about $1.23


This is what the magazine stand looked like when I was born:

 




The #1 Box Office Movie:  Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone (Return of the Jedi opened May 25)

The Billboard Hot 100 #1 Single: Let's Dance by David Bowie

A new episode of Joanie loves Chachi aired, along with reruns of Happy Days, Three's Company, and The A Team on my birthday.

The Little Drummer Girl and In Search of Excellence were on the top of the New York Times Bestseller List.

The Brooklyn Bridge celebrated 100 years!

I share my birthday with:
Queen Victoria (d.1901)
Tommy Chong
Bob Dylan
Patti Labelle
and others

 Happy Birthday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment