Sunday, April 21, 2013

April Landscaping: North Side Yard

As part of landscaping month, we decided that the north side yard need some attention.  It is a shady spot with the sun blocked by the house and a large tree.  It leads to a difficult time for me to find the right plants.  I believe I have figured it out with a lot of research.

BEFORE:

The front half of the north side yard:

The back half of the north side yard:

AFTER: 

The front half of the north side yard:
 


The back half of the north side yard:

Details:

I don't know if it was The Masters Championship, but I had to have Azaleas.  Happy Days Azaleas, to be exact.  

I love the texture of these foxtail ferns.  They are simple, delicate, beautiful.


The color of the Persian shield is fantastic.  The purple is great against the green of all the other plants. 

The California Elephant Ear has beautiful, big leaves.  I'm looking forward to watching this grow.

Azalea's pretty flowers ready to open. 

Next weekend is the NFL draft, so I will have to sneak in the last landscaping projects when the draft isn't on.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. Will surely going to share this URL with my friends. tree care kingwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. wildoaktrees.com/tree-services-knoxville-tn

    ReplyDelete