Sunday, April 28, 2013

April Landscaping: North Front Yard

Yep, we're still landscaping.  Probably until the last day of April.  This weekend was a lazy weekend, because we watched the NFL draft (Go Pack!) on Saturday, which left only Sunday to plant.  I quickly planted the north front yard.

Before:

 


As you can see, it's pretty boring.  I had plans though.  I needed to move the Hawaiian Ti plant from around the air conditioner because they were getting sun burnt.  Too much sun on the south side of the house.  I also love Mexican Petunias which were outside our apartment when we first moved here.  I love the purple color of the flowers, that will match the purple in the Bird of Paradise flowers.
 

 After:


The Mexican Petunias will get to be 4 feet tall, or about the height of the fence.  I have heard the these can spread as they grow, so I left some room for growth.  If they don't spread, I will be able to add different plants between them in the future. 

So the air conditioner looks different now.  Take a look:

 This wasn't my first option, but the plants will handle the full sun that this side of the house gets.

There is one more spot for landscaping this month, which will be done in the next couple days.  You may see this transformation as a mid-week post.

AFI Top 100 Update: We watched #66, Raiders of the Lost Ark.  12 down, 88 to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment