Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bathroom Renovation: Part 1

My parents came to visit last weekend, and we ended up working the entire time on our small hall bathroom.  I'm so lucky that I have parents that have the professional skills to renovate our home. 

The Demolition:

I started with some of the demo before my parents arrived.  We had storage built in behind the door, that was original to the house.  I found them a little bulky, and not necessary.  Here's a picture after the doors were removed. 

 Three hours later or so, and I ended up with this.  I was pretty proud of myself.  I had been itching to demo something, and this was the good scratch.

My parents, Nick and I worked on the demo of the floor, and the removal of the toilet and vanity.  We were left with a nice, clean slate to work with. 


The Rebuild:

The rebuild required leveling of the floor, fixing the drywall behind the old storage, and laying the tile. 
We chose a tile that looked like fabric, and I love it.  Next part of the rebuild was to add the toilet and sink.  I chose the pedestal sink because it was the one option that would fit properly with the door swinging open.


I painted the bathroom again, Wheat Bread by Behr.  We still need to finish the storage, install the tp holder and trim.

The Details:  

I am on the lookout for a new mirror, and artwork. 

AFI Top 100 Update: We watched #54 M*A*S*H with my parents, and #41 King Kong, on March 2nd to commemorate it's 80th anniversary.  10 down, 90 to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment