Sunday, July 8, 2012

Exterior Progress: 4 Months later

It's been 4 months since my parents, Nick and I worked on the front landscaping.  Since then, we have had lots of flowering, growth, and even a hair cut for some of the plants.  
Here's how it looked when we planted them:


Here's what it looks like right now:


The fountain grass grew fast, as well as the trailing lantana.  Both of them have gotten trims, but it's hard to notice.  The bougainvilleas grew fast as well, but are out of flowering season here.  The gardenia is finally looking bigger.
 The fountain grasses are too large and distracting.  I am thinking about moving them to the side of the house, to "hide" the air conditioner, and plumbing access pipes.  The trailing lantana with probably be moved to either pot gardens, or the backyard.  I am also planning on adding another bird of paradise when the fountain grasses are moved.  
 I love the hibiscus tree though.  It was the most expensive plant we planted, but it is my favorite.  It blooms constantly.




I'm proud to say that none of the plants died.  I was fully expecting at least one of them to die.  Hopefully I can keep any other plantings alive in the future too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment