Sunday, February 9, 2014

Busy Sewing

I've been busy for the past couple weekends sewing.  I had a bunch of little projects that needed to be completed.  Yes, I completed projects!

First project was finishing alterations on a bridesmaid dress for a wedding in March. 

Don't mind the change in the color of the dress, the before picture is much more representative of the true color of the dress.  I wanted to get rid of the spaghetti straps.  I feel more comfortable with wider straps, and I feel they are more proportional with my body.  I used the waist bow to create the straps.  Yellow is the secondary color for the wedding party, hence the yellow shoes, and yellow flower on the waist.

The second project was working on some baby blankets for a friend.

A simple hand-tied, extra long blanket.  I threw this one together because I had extra cotton batting, and extra fabric left from the first blanket.  All I needed to get was yarn.   I think every new mom needs as many blankets as they can get.

This is a machine quilted blanket.  This was my first time machine quilting, and sewing a binding on a quilt.  I am not good with either, yet.  Lots of mistakes; pinching, puckering, poor seams, etc.  I looks alright in photos, but not as much in real life.  

Both of these will be good blankets for ruining.  The patterns will hide stains, and not perfectly executed.  They are both 100% cotton, so they are washable if accidents happen.

So that's what I've been working on.  Hopefully, I will get started with some projects for this kitchen reno. 

PS.  I love the Olympics, so the next couple of weeks will be fun!


Post a Comment