Sunday, November 11, 2012

Side "Yard"

Along the North side of the house we have a walkway, and two narrow "yards" flanking it.  I have never taken a picture of it because it's UGLY.  Nick and I have decided that we are going to plant Hostas along the fence-line, and put rocks down along the house.  Nick did all the work on this, and I'm amazed how well it turned out.



Nick raked up all the leaves, and pulled the weeds first.  He sprayed a herbicide along the exposed dirt, and  put landscape fabric down next.  Nick then put an even layer of pond pebbles down, which we chose based on size and color.  

Since I have no before pictures, you'll have to take my word for it, but it looks so good.  

We leave for Arkansas on Friday, so the next couple weeks we will update you on other projects we have been working on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment