Sunday, September 29, 2013

Removed a Door

When Nick and I moved into this house, we discussed the door between the kitchen and his office.  It wouldn't stay wide open, so I suggested removing the door from the hinge.  Nick wanted to leave the door so he close off his office if he needed it quiet.  So, I found one of my rocks (yes, I have a collection of rocks) that's flat, to prop against the door to keep open.
While planning the kitchen design, I had planned on buying a glass door to replace the door between the kitchen and office.  I talked to Nick about it and he was okay with removing the door permanently.  We realized, in the two years (this week was our anniversary of home ownership) we've lived here, Nick has only closed that door once. 

Door on:


Door off (with new artwork):

I like it. Nick likes it. I think we will finished off the doorway when the kitchen is remodeled.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment